“Do you know anyone who zaps the spiritual, physical or emotional energy from you? If so, then you are familiar with the term, ’emotional vampire’.
You dread meeting them for lunch, but go anyway. Hours later you’re exhausted, have a headache and find yourself making weak excuses to run for your life. You’ve just been zapped by an emotional vampire.
No, they don’t actually drain the blood from your neck (although you may have a stiff neck by the time you flee), but they do drain the joy from your life and remove any desire you have to spend any more time with them. No wonder you’re dazed and confused. No wonder you don’t feel good around them!
Emotional vampires do their best energetically to suck the life force right out of you (and everyone else)! Whether it’s subconsciously or on purpose, these are the kinds of people who hunt for victims to energize them simply because they can’t (or won’t) tap into their own spiritual energy source for revitalization.” (Ref: Kathi Calahan)
How do you know you have run across an Energy Vampire?
“Beyond their chronic bad moods and boring retelling of the same (often dramatic) stories, emotional vampires are the sort who always seemed to be depressed (or angry) – to the point where you suspect they may like it. These conversation dominators (who have no issue talking over you – or anyone else who tries to get a word in edgewise), seem to happily play the role of the victim. In other words, nothing is ever their fault and life just seems to happen to them as if they had no part in the things they’re forever complaining about.
Emotional vampires have negative things to say about everyone and everything and make a habit of telling you all about their problems and pet peeves – without showing any interest in yours. Should you be lucky enough to interject more than a nod into the conversation, they’ll always find a way to change the subject back to themselves… even if it means switching gears when you’re in the middle of a thought. Finally, they never know when to go home. Emotional vampires have no clue when they’ve overstayed their welcome – or worn you thin.
“There are obvious traits in physical people that you can watch for, but then also realize the underlying feelings of your intuition when you can’t see the obvious. The obvious are people that continuously live in negative emotions! Such as pessimism and denial, hate, envy, jealous, rage, anger, resentment, a person consumed with gloom, doubt, distrust, hopelessness and fear, as well as always perceiving the dark side of life! When these negative emotions are put out there, they are already draining your energy. You need to protect yourself from this. People with these negative emotions attract low level energies (like attracts like). These constant feelings of negativity will attract low level astral entities. They also play in the role of negative energy/thought causing negativity. This is a ripple effect. Anyone within reach will feel the ripple effects. You’ve got to get yourself out of harms way and protect yourself.”
How to know when this is happening to you:
Energy vampires can be your family, friends, clients, colleagues, teachers, neighbors, lovers, or even strangers. And they come in all types… (mindbodygreen.com)
- There is the blamer, who lays blame on everyone else without ever taking any responsibility.
- The guilt trippers use shame to get what they want.
- Jealous bees can never genuinely feel happiness for anyone else.
- Then there are the insecure ones, who pull others down to their level of low self-esteem.
- The fun haters seem unable to embrace joy. The bullies stomp on the little guys to elevate their egos.
- The downers, the whiners, the short-tempers, the gossipers, the drama queens, and the list goes on…
Also To Note:
- You will get this certain uneasy/unsettling feeling. A negative feeling, a heavy feeling. Your higher vibrational self (intuition) is picking up on negative vibes.
- Certain physical aspects will happen to your body:
- You will get constant headaches when around a psychic vampire. (Person and/or place) and/or just chronic headaches
- Feeling sick
- Insomnia and other sleeping disorders
- Low energy levels (James Van Praag notes that this will happen in the mornings, but I believe this happens at any time. Though it can be more noticeable in the morning for sure!)
- Recurring nightmares and dreams of terror
- Stomach upset and/or cramps.
- An obsession about a certain person or thing
- If you feel anxiety, pressure or drained around certain people and/or places. It’s likely they are either the psychic vampire themselves or have one around them sucking their energy and anyone they come in contact with.
- A nervous breakdown
- Feelings of fatigue (sleepiness) when around a certain person or place. As well as Chronic Fatigue.
- Bad or repulsive odors around people or places
- Sudden onset of depression or moodiness
- Frequent accidents
- Bizarre occurrences
Also these symptoms will be different for everyone. You may get one or a variety of the above, even all of the symptoms.” (spiritualcompassconnection.com )
Brief Video By Dr. Judith Orloff on On Energy Vampires
Energy Vampires = the people who only “take” from you.